In the auto industry, you can compare the discipline of sending personalized video to increase your close percentage to the act of consistently working out to decrease body fat percentage. No one will deny that working out improves your health and no one will deny that video will help you close more deals. We all know what needs to be done, and from time to time we do it well. But then we get lazy and we make excuses – or promises to start again tomorrow. Only, tomorrow continues to be a day away and we do not improve our closing or our health.
Let’s let the numbers do the talking – here are a few powerful statistics about using video to reach your customers:
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in the text (Insivia)
- Over 40% of shoppers who used online video for research said that it helped them discover a vehicle they weren’t previously aware or considering (Evox Images)
- 55% of consumers watch videos before making purchase decisions (Search Engine Journal)
- 72% of customers said they would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. In fact, 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video (Optinmonster)
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching videos (WordStream)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017 (Cisco)
- Personalized videos are 35% more likely to retain viewers as compared to non-personalized videos (HubSpot)
So why don’t we send personalized video’s consistently as an industry?
Referring back to our exercise analogy, we have found that just like the average person is scared to go to the gym for fear they won’t know what to do or how to use the machines in front of people – salespeople share this same fear of looking foolish in front of people on video.
After working with countless salespeople, we have found fear to be the number one reason they do not send videos – they are unsure of what to say or do in the video and fear looking foolish. This is the easiest issue to resolve. Video apps like VelocityVideo prompt your salespeople to shoot a quick, professional video in 3 easy steps on their cell phone. It is literally fool-proof. Giving your salespeople access to an easy tool and defining a clear video process is the first step to transforming your video culture.
The second roadblock that inhibits video consistency (and another common excuse for people not to exercise or eat right) is one of convenience. Unless your video process is convenient for a salesperson to shoot on their phone and automatically sent out from your CRM, the process will not stick. Automation is key. When you shoot a video on the VelocityVideo app, all your inventory is automatically loaded, the video sends to the consumer directly, all while tracking the activity in your CRM, without making the salesperson manually log or copy and paste. It also automatically sends a custom video to other potential customers interested in that vehicle by matching VINs and excluding duplicates. Again, fool-proof.
In closing, you can think of Velocity Automotive as your ultimate Personal Trainer. We are here to take away the fear and excuses and get your team operating efficiently to SHOW RESULTS. But you have to take the first step and make the commitment. Call us today for your free consultation – no sweat required!
Read Article at cbtnews.com